Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Long Vacation

Just to warn you this is a SUPER LONG post!   
We have been  wanting to go up north and visit everyone for a little while and then we found out my nephews mission farewell was on Mother's day.  Jared finished school on may 3rd and I got to go pick up Jenny from the Vegas airport and go visit Cory and Chanda's family.  Then on Thursday we headed up to Woodland Hills to stay at Jared's parents.   It was fun to see their new place which is a cabin up in the mountains.  Then on Friday we headed up to Ogden to visit Aaron and Rosalie and we got to go to the Dinosaur Park with them.  It was well worth the money and a perfect day!
The girls were a little afraid of these life like dinosaurs that moved and made loud sounds. 

Juel loved the Mammoth!



I thought this hairy Rhino was pretty cool

Juels favorite thing was digging for fossils.  



Look how big this brontosaurus is!
We stayed in the play area for quite a while.  The kids loved it!  








After the Dinosaur park we headed to Wellsville to find our hotel but we ended up passing it on the mountain and had to drive down the mountain then back up to it.  It was a really nice resort that was hidden up in the mountains. 
We went for a swim and I forgot my camera but it was a really nice pool with a kiddie pool and a large hot tub with a rock waterfall.  We could have stayed there forever!

After our swim we headed to Smithfield to see Grandma & Grandpa Gubler. It's been a very long time since we've seen them and we have never been to their place.  This was my favorite part of our trip.  I loved visiting with them!  Grandpa always amazes me.  He already has his garden growing good!
He likes to make little things like these that are in great detail.  

It's been a really long time since I have seen the Logan temple and it is so beautiful!  If I would have had my Sunday clothes I would have gone!  But we left them so we just took a few pictures.


On Saturday we came home from Logan and we were tired but I took Chantel shopping for her birthday.    We had fun and found a cute outfit for her.  I should've snapped a photo!

Then on Sunday we headed to Jacquelyn's for Christophers farewell.   I am so excited for him!  He is serving in the Peru, Trujillo mission.  Those people will be greatly blessed by getting such a wonderful and talented young man!  We had a great lunch and enjoyed a lot of company. It was also Mother's Day so I got to take a nap while my sweet hubby helped clean up the kitchen and the big mess the twins help make.

Then on Monday we planned to go to the zoo but it was raining so we went to the Living Aquarium.  The kids had fun seeing all of the fish and animals.   It was a lot neater than I thought it would be.  They had a fun section of SUPER bugs.  These bugs and super powers and they had it all decked out like a comic book.  Very creative and fun to read about these super powers.  I was amazed!
Native Trout
Eva and Anna in the frog section

Captain Jared driving the boat while we learned about the Great Salt Lake
Petting the Sting Rays
posing after Story time
See the alligator about to bite off Juels head?
Nasty huge anaconda

We had a great time visiting the family and we can't wait to go back up!  It was a great trip and we made some great memories!

1 comment:

Jan said...

scared of dinosaurs? Me too! Don't let them watch Jurassic Park!