We also were getting ready for his first wrestling tournament that weekend so I told him if he would practice really hard all week and wrestled his very best and got a medal ( they all get medals but he doesn't know that yet:), then he could earn $15. Then if he practiced really hard and played the best toy soldier he could be then he could earn another $15. He was pretty excited and worked hard all week. He didn't have much time for friends or his Nintendo DS but it was worth it! We had his friend Austin over to have a practice match and it was so funny! They both were laughing and having a lot of fun. On Friday night was the play and he did his march and salute perfect. Then on Saturday we headed to Canyon View for the wrestling tournament. It was a long day because there were 60 kids in his age group. But he made it through, trying his best but getting pinned in all three. I hope he gets used to that because he's definitely the smallest his age. But he was so excited when he got fourth (out of four, again he doesn't know this). He keeps saying "I wonder who took last? He's so funny! I was wondering after this long day if he would stick with it and he said he had fun and wants to keep wrestling. I think its really good for him even though he his the smallest and weakest kid. It's fun to watch and as long as he enjoys it we'll keep him going! So when he was all done he had $30. We too him to Walmart and he picked out Lego Indiana Jones for the DSi. Lucky boy!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Juel's Busy Week
This was definately one busy week! It started with Missoula Childrens Theater try outs for Pinnochio. I tried to practice with Juel to get him to talk loud and clear. But when it came time for his turn he was so quiet I didn't think he would get a part. Most all of the kindergarten through second grades were quiet though and they just picked all the smaller kids, including juel, as enchanted toys. Juel was really excited but he didn't really know what that meant.
We also were getting ready for his first wrestling tournament that weekend so I told him if he would practice really hard all week and wrestled his very best and got a medal ( they all get medals but he doesn't know that yet:), then he could earn $15. Then if he practiced really hard and played the best toy soldier he could be then he could earn another $15. He was pretty excited and worked hard all week. He didn't have much time for friends or his Nintendo DS but it was worth it! We had his friend Austin over to have a practice match and it was so funny! They both were laughing and having a lot of fun. On Friday night was the play and he did his march and salute perfect. Then on Saturday we headed to Canyon View for the wrestling tournament. It was a long day because there were 60 kids in his age group. But he made it through, trying his best but getting pinned in all three. I hope he gets used to that because he's definitely the smallest his age. But he was so excited when he got fourth (out of four, again he doesn't know this). He keeps saying "I wonder who took last? He's so funny! I was wondering after this long day if he would stick with it and he said he had fun and wants to keep wrestling. I think its really good for him even though he his the smallest and weakest kid. It's fun to watch and as long as he enjoys it we'll keep him going! So when he was all done he had $30. We too him to Walmart and he picked out Lego Indiana Jones for the DSi. Lucky boy!

\


We also were getting ready for his first wrestling tournament that weekend so I told him if he would practice really hard all week and wrestled his very best and got a medal ( they all get medals but he doesn't know that yet:), then he could earn $15. Then if he practiced really hard and played the best toy soldier he could be then he could earn another $15. He was pretty excited and worked hard all week. He didn't have much time for friends or his Nintendo DS but it was worth it! We had his friend Austin over to have a practice match and it was so funny! They both were laughing and having a lot of fun. On Friday night was the play and he did his march and salute perfect. Then on Saturday we headed to Canyon View for the wrestling tournament. It was a long day because there were 60 kids in his age group. But he made it through, trying his best but getting pinned in all three. I hope he gets used to that because he's definitely the smallest his age. But he was so excited when he got fourth (out of four, again he doesn't know this). He keeps saying "I wonder who took last? He's so funny! I was wondering after this long day if he would stick with it and he said he had fun and wants to keep wrestling. I think its really good for him even though he his the smallest and weakest kid. It's fun to watch and as long as he enjoys it we'll keep him going! So when he was all done he had $30. We too him to Walmart and he picked out Lego Indiana Jones for the DSi. Lucky boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment