Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day!


The night before the big day we went to the fire house for a barbecue and to wash all the fire trucks and ambulances. We had a lot of fun and Jared is so glad to be back helping the department out.

I just love Pioneer Day in Enterprise! It was so nice to be settled and ready for a fun holiday. Melinda invited me to do the fun walk with her and Rachelle. I have never actually done it but every year I get up early to cheer on the runners! I have always wanted to run it and since I have never trained for it I just never did it. Plus you have to get up a little earlier than I'm used to. 6:00 a.m.! It was a beautiful morning and I haven't seen the sun rise for I don't know how long. It was kind of refreshing! It was nice to walk it with Melinda and not get tired and sweaty like the runners haha!



Then we got to sit in front of our house to watch the parade. We had a smaller group this year but it was still fun. Jared and Juel got to ride in it on the fire truck with the fire fighters and I told them to sit where I could get a good picture. I couldn't see them at first but then I realized they were both driving a truck! Juel loved it!



Dr Robinson tossed candy to the kids and dad some sensodyne tooth paste. He knows how to please a crowd!

Then we headed to the stake center to watch the program. It was really good. We learned about the first family that lived in Enterprise and there was a lot of talk and songs about the wind and dust way back then. Funny how it hasn't changed much!


Then we had lunch at mom's and got ready for the races. The kids always have fun there!



Some one brought their pet snake to the races and boy those kids thought that was neat. I can't believe Juel would actually pet that thing! Yikes!

After the races the fireman set up the big water pool with money in it. The kids couldn't wait to cool off and get some money!




It was fun for the kids and then they turned the water to the crowd! Boy did they run! That water can shoot far when it's on all the way! With all the kids money they found they went and got a snow cone from the snow shack and walked to grandma's house. I didn't really want those drenched kids in the car so I'm glad they decided to walk haha! Then we set up the water slide and pool and had a yummy barbecue. And as always enjoyed the rodeo put on by the American Legion! What a fun day!!

5 comments:

~ Stacie ~ said...

LOL sorry heidi, totally off the subject. LOL again! I totally know why you didn't know what recipe I was talking about the other day. I got back on your recipe blog to find some insperation on what to cook for dinner and I realized the link "My recipe book" is some Gardner girls Oops! I left her a couple comments thinking it was you. LOL She's got some good recipes to!

Doty Family said...

How happy are you to be back??? I just got home last night from Marysvale and I loved being home. I was there for 8 day's and so sad to come home!! We did the same things. Small towns all think alike. We don't dive for money, though we dive for trout! It's AWESOME! Great pictures!!

Chantel said...

you grues have fun and i went camping and I got a fish by the tail and write ma back Ok!

love chantel moody

Mindy Holt said...

The twins are HUGE! Looks like tons of 24th fun! Miss you

Krista said...

Hey Hiedi I know This has nothing to do with your post but can yoy tell Jared that I said HAPPY BDAY. I know I'm a day late too.


Krista