Awwwe!! I always wanted twins!
This is the reaction I get the most when people see my twins. Lately my thoughts to this comment have been What the heck are you thinking!!! If you only knew what you don't know about twins!!!
What's up with my girls lately!!! My girls made a new years resolution to not take naps anymore! Up to this point they were napping beautifully at 10:00 and 4:00. This is how my days went after the 1st. By 10:00 Anna's honery and ready for a nap. I put both girls down but Eva's not ready yet so crying and no napping. 1:00 Eva's ready for a nap but not Anna thus crying no napping. 4:00 Anna's ready for a nap but not Eva, again, crying no napping. I get nothing done because of crying honery non napping babies. I asked for advice which I've tried. Separating nap times, seperating rooms, blocking room from daylight to make them think its night. Letting them cry it out, never works when theirs two to cry it out. Non of these have worked. If one see's the empty crib next to them they think the other doesn't have to take a nap which hurts their feelings and causes them to be really upset for the rest of the day. If they even hear one peep from the other twin outside the door the plan is doomed! They have to go to bed together. I've kept Anna up until after lunch when Eva's ready. So far this has worked best and they go to sleep pretty easy but Anna will only sleep 20 min. thus the reason for need of two naps for her. Eva would sleep longer but is always woken up by Anna. Neither of them slept long enough which causes a few more hours of crying and being honery. Therefore I claim to have non-napping babies! And the only other thing is Anna claims my attention almost all day, wanting books read or just to be held. Eva has caught on to this and wants to claim my attention too. The problem.... they won't let me hold both of them at the same time and they fight over me and books or the remote or whatever they think the other one has and they push each other off and cry! If you think one baby cries a lot try having two!!! I wish there was another me!!! Has that cloning idea vanished??? Because I would really like it pursued again! Anyways... I know this is such a small thing to cause me such grief because I KNOW I could have it much worse. I know other moms are going through much harder things than non-napping babies. I really do consider myself LUCKY to have these beautiful twin girls but this stage right now has been very hard for me. I wish I didn't have the want to hightale it for the hills at the end of the day. Hopefully they'll just keep getting bigger and smarter and outgrow this phase very quickly. Tell me to hang in there please!!!
7 comments:
Piper quit napping about a month ago! I feel your pain. I can't even imagine having 2 non sleeping babies. Good luck. And it's okay to hightale it to the hills every now and agian.
I'm sorry, I should'nt be laughing! WOW, I could not imagine. I wish I lived closer to help you. Maybe you could look online for some information about raising twins, maybe find some good tips from moms who have mutiples. You probably have already done that. Good luck!
Your mom did it, Jacqueline did it, Lana did it... sorry babe, it runs in the family. But if they all did it, so can you! hang in there!
Heidi I've always said I don't know how you do it. That has got to be a really hard stage to go through with twins. It's always been bad enough for me just with one at a time. You are a great mom to all of your kids though and you will all make it through just fine. One of these days when you need to run for the hills let me know. I'd be happy to watch them on a weekend and let you go out and enjoy and relax. SERIOUSLY!
I could give them a right good spanken if you'd like.
It's ok to have complaining days! You are doing a wonderful job with those girls, and w/ Juel! Love ya
That really sucks, sorry no advice from me. Good luck though, and they WILL grow out of it, just maybe not as fast as you'd like. :o) hang in there
Post a Comment