Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring break 2016! Turning my kitchen from drab to fab! Love my power tools!

We got some money to finish the basement but I decided I would rather remodel the kitchen and Laundry room and since it was spring break I planned to get the cabinets painted and flooring in that week. 
Well.....on day one it took Jared two house to tear our 4 tiles!  And that was after a lot of back breaking work!  There's no way I could do this myself!


 The kids wanted to help and used hammers to chisel the tiles out. 


I did a lot of research and ended up buying this hammer drill with a chisel bit.  It helped a ton but was still a lot of work! some tiles would pop right of but some literally had to be chiseled out. 


Jared could wait for the cabinets to be done so he started laying the new floor.  I love it!!! Our house is so much warmer without the tile!

Painting the bases.  This is quite the project!  My process is 
               1. Wash with TSP
           2. Liquid Sand
3. Sand
               4. Sanding Sealer
5. Primer
            6. Paint-2-3 coats
              7. 1 coat of varnish
              8. glaze-super hard!
               9. 2 coats of varnish.  
This is a bigger project than planned and will take much longer than 1 week to finish! I got a bid to have professionals come do it and they wanted $6,000!  This cost us $500 and a lot of sweat but well worth it!

No comments: