Saturday, December 19, 2015

Poor Bell

Bell had her puppies!  She had 10 but she lost one so we have 9 puppies! 

When the puppies were only 1 week old Bell got hit by a truck.  Dumb dog!  I didn't even know it happened until someone said Bell was crying outside so I called her in and she came in but definitely wasn't walking right. Of course Jared was gone to wrestling for the weekend so I was freaking out.  I moved her bed and the puppies in the laundry room.  She would go out to the bathroom but it was very hard for her.  She kept getting worse and worse and I was so worried she would die and leave all of her puppies without a mommy.  On Sunday, Jared gave her some antibiotic and on Monday we got her into a vet.  She dislocated her hip which he was able to pop back into place but we had to keep her down for a few weeks.  She also had some damage to her milk bags in back.  They got mastitis and we had to keep the puppies off of them.  It was a lot of work and medicine but we were able to nurse her back to health!  She really is one lucky dog!




No comments: