We've been looking forward to a family vacation for quite a while now. We haven't really had one since the twins and now they are almost three and travel pretty good so we decided to get Juel to Legoland! He's been dreaming of going for a couple of years now. Here is a long post about our trip.
Day One:
After a long 8 or 9 hour car ride we check into our hotel.
We devour the best chocolate chip cookies ever from the front desk.
We get into our suits and head to the hotel pool.
Day Two:
We scope out mission beach...beautiful!
Where's Anna?
She wasn't about to go any closer than that.
We dream of riding the carousel...
Daddy made that dream come true!
We had fun touring Old Town San Diego while we waited for the sun to come out so we could swim at the beach.
Also a good spot for pictures.
A fun old fashion candy shop but they chose some modern day treats. I chose the old fashioned Salt water taffy.
Then we stopped and ate at a yummy mexican restaurant (I had some crab enchiladas that were so yummy) then played at La Jolla Beach. It was a nice sandy beach with good waves and fun large boulders to climb on. They also had tide pools in them.
Then we ended the day with a nice swim in the hotel pool.
Day Three:
Happy Birthday Anna & Eva!
Headed to Sea World to kill time in the morning.
I love Sea World!
Cute sign for the twins.
Beautiful Beluga Whales
The best show: Sea Lion and Otter Show
We didn't last long at Sea World. Exhausted already!
Eat lunch then take a dip in the fun pool.
What?? Is Juel swimming???
Is it his new super power goggles???
Or Dad??
I don't know what it was but Juel suddenly started swimming for the first time. Under the water across the pool! Good job bud!
Love, love this picture!
The kids wanted to find a playground so with my high tech phone I found one close by and the best part, on the BEACH!! This was the Del Mar beach and definitely our favorite! The sunset was unbelievable. The waves, sand, grass, and playground were awesome! Also a great place to take pictures.
Something about the beach is so romantic. Even chasing three little kids.
See the beach behind the playground. Imagine watching the sunset on with ocean while swinging in a swing!
I love these cute little sandy toes!
A perfect way to end their birthday! Too cute!
Day Four:
We headed back to Sea World and met up with some friends.
Juel was dying to see the sharks. I think that's really all he cared about there.
You have to eat the yummy churros of course!
This albino flamingo would eat food right out of the kids hands!
We let the kids pick out a souvenir and Juel got a stuffed shark and Eva and Anna liked the stuffed Polar Bears.
After a long day at Sea World we headed back to our favorite beach to play and watch the sunset again. It was so fun to play in the waves with the kids. Anna was loving the water and waves at the beach by now.
Day Five:
We ate breakfast at a little shack turned cafe. It was a little scary to look at but the reviews on my phone were good and it was pretty good. I had Jared take this picture because I wanted to capture this moment. Juels in the corner crying (I think he was under pressure because it was his big Legoland day) The twins were on the verge of out of control playing with the utensils in their hands. They all kept spilling their milk. And I was forcing a smile trying to keep everyone calm. The funny thing is when we were leaving everyone there commented on how well they behaved. Ha if they only knew!
We made it to LEGOLAND! The grand finale of our trip! I think Juel could live there!
This was the twin's first ride and I love the look on Anna's face when she saw me. She never cried but she wasn't sure if she liked it.
They had quite a few little rides we all could go on. Even my little Eva who was too little to ride a lot that Anna could have gone on.
I loved all of their fall and halloween Decor.
The Las Vegas Strip
The White House
Juel had fun looking at all the stuff built out of legos. He even got to drive a lego boat on the water.
Another priceless photo!
Juel loved Hagrid
Indiana Jones
Ah! Shark!
4-D Movie with water, bubbles and wind...Fun!
Wendy
Darth Vader and R2D2
The giant Pumpkin
This is what Juel spent the majority of his life savings on at Legoland. He's been wanting it for a while and it didn't take him long to build...Smartie!
We came home on Day Six and we had a wonderful trip. The best part was just being together making memories!














4 comments:
What fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to make it to Cali. These will be great memories for sure. Especially for Juel. We love and miss you guys!
Your kids are so adorable!! What fun, loved the post and the pictures :)
Such great photos! Glad you guys had a fun trip. You have the cutest family in the world!
Heidi I always love all your comments. You always have a fun original way of saying things. You should be a writer. Love Love Love the memoir of your trip. Glad you had so much fun. love you
Post a Comment