We moved into a house last month and it has been so wonderful to have my stuff out of storage. It's a cozy house and it fits most of our furniture which is a huge bonus! I was dreading moving because we planned to put the twins into big girl twin beds. They've been locked in their cribs every day for naps and at night ever since they figured out how to climb out of them last August. I tried training them back then to stay in their beds and nothing worked for over a week! I was so exhausted we used the extra mattresses in their room and leaned them against their beds. We never traveled anywhere until March and we tried to get them to sleep in their new sleeping bags. That was a no go after hours of dealing with them. So, like I said, I was dreading training them to sleep in their new beds where they could just stay up all night and play with each other. The first night started out like I expected. We put them down early and fought them for two hours. Then they fell a sleep and a miracle happened! They stayed asleep all night long, well, until 7:00. Not quite 9:00 like I was used to but I'll take it! Then Jared got them down for nap without much trouble. I was shocked! Then that night, they went right to bed and slept all night again! Wow! I really never thought it would be this easy! They have been so good ever since! Next on the list-potty training! I am really dreading that one!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Snug as a Bug in a Rug
We moved into a house last month and it has been so wonderful to have my stuff out of storage. It's a cozy house and it fits most of our furniture which is a huge bonus! I was dreading moving because we planned to put the twins into big girl twin beds. They've been locked in their cribs every day for naps and at night ever since they figured out how to climb out of them last August. I tried training them back then to stay in their beds and nothing worked for over a week! I was so exhausted we used the extra mattresses in their room and leaned them against their beds. We never traveled anywhere until March and we tried to get them to sleep in their new sleeping bags. That was a no go after hours of dealing with them. So, like I said, I was dreading training them to sleep in their new beds where they could just stay up all night and play with each other. The first night started out like I expected. We put them down early and fought them for two hours. Then they fell a sleep and a miracle happened! They stayed asleep all night long, well, until 7:00. Not quite 9:00 like I was used to but I'll take it! Then Jared got them down for nap without much trouble. I was shocked! Then that night, they went right to bed and slept all night again! Wow! I really never thought it would be this easy! They have been so good ever since! Next on the list-potty training! I am really dreading that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment