Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lot's to update (as usual)

So we headed down to the cornfest on Thursday and made a stop at Walmart. My wonderful sister Jacquelyn pointed out how cute the girls looked in the shopping cart so I decided to capture the moment so I can remember how I always shopped with them. It's tricky because no one has the wonderful two-seaters like costco. And some carts are too small for the both of them like Roberts & Ross. They sure do get alot of attention this way.



Right after we left our house, Rydel called and asked us to pick up a puppy for the kids. I had a feeling it was a Shelty but I had no idea how cute this dog was!!! She's was like a little model. She loved Eva, even though she pulled her hair, she didn't even budge. It was amazing!! They shared kisses and snacks before we had to leave her with her new family.





On Friday, I took the girls to Morgan's for their pictures I've been wanting to get all summer and never happened. I timed everything perfect so they would be perfect but it never works out that way. Anna cried through the last half. I'm just so glad Morgan's so good with the camera and captures faces I never even see! Thanks Morgan!!!







After all the fun it was time to work hard to get ready for the cornfest. It felt like a big job this year since we weren't able to get an earlier start. But as always it came together and was another successful year. I didn't even eat one piece of corn that day. I was too busy too even enjoy the food! After a watching my two nephews get blessed and try to clean up a little, we headed home, pulling our camp trailor and it took us almost five hours just to get there. It's normally a 3 1/2 hour drive! Monday was Juel's first day of kindergarten. Miss Johnson is his teacher. She seems very young and fun! Juel was so exciting and kept asking if it was lunch time yet all morning starting five minutes after breakfast!! He loved his first day and first week for that matter. I loved getting into a routine and having the girls co-operate with their naps. By Friday Juel passed out on his Grandma's couch pretty early because he was so tired!





Juel is so excited for Halloween already. It doesn't help that everywhere we go there is Halloween stuff out now. He fell in love the this Haunted house craft at Michaels that he wanted to build. So I let him get it and he did really good. He like to follow the picture exact and is a OCD about it but it was fun to do together.






On Saturday I had to take the kids to Jared EMT class so they could be used as model patients. At first they were just taking their BP and Heart rate but then they pulled out the bandages and I got a kick out of it. I had my neices Kaylee and Baylee with me and they were so cute with all these strange people checking them out. I didn't know how the babies would do. Eva just sat there like a little model but Anna was fussy at first while I was by her so then I got out of the picture and let her roam. Boy did she roam. Guys were chasing her all over trying to get her BP, heart rate and breaths. She made it nearly impossible for them too!! Thanks honey! We all had a lot of fun!!



7 comments:

Melinda said...

As always you are one busy family! I am so glad that Juel is liking school! I am suprised how much fun the kids looked like they had having strange people putting bandages on them-usually kids would freak. And I love love the pictures Morgan took!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys are keeping as busy as us. We should plan a get together sometime. It seems like forever since we saw you guys.

Mindy Holt said...

So glad you are up here! Cornfest was crazy, but fun!

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

oh my goodness, so much to report. That's funny that they used the kids for the EMT class. haha. that cracks me up... miss you guys already, it was so good to see you at the Cornfest, for the little time we were there! haha.

Anonymous said...

Hey heidi looks like you, Boom Boom and the family are having a fun time up there. We sure miss ya'll down here. Did your house get vandalized or did your renters just trash the place?
If you had an extra picture of your girls with their babies, Aunt Stacie would LOVE one!
Preston is so funny every little boy that comes to our house to play he calls them Juel.
J/K about your house......
Way cute Blog...

Taranani said...

Hey guys this is Cameron and Tara well Cameron right now. Hey Jared are you still with the army guard? Cool blog by the way.

Brian and Jenny said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog!!! I can't get enough of you and your family. Reading it makes me feel like I'm closer to you...I loved the pictures of the girls. You need to send me one. EMT class would have been a riot. I can't believe you talked all the little kids into it :) Love ya!